- Disfigurement, Online 02-07-2012
- From The Book of a Thousand Deaths, Conjunctions:63 (63:225-230)
- The Cardinal, Conjunctions:66
- Terlingua, Conjunctions:68
- How Tsala Entered the Spirit World and Became a Hawk, Conjunctions:71
- Yonder Shines the Big Red Moon Over the Devil’s Lost Playground , Conjunctions:75
Brandon Hobson is the author of the forthcoming novel The Removed (Ecco); Where the Dead Sit Talking (Soho Press), a 2019 National Book Award finalist; and other books. His work has appeared in The Pushcart Prize XL, Conjunctions, NOON, The Believer, The Paris Review Daily, Post Road, Puerto del Sol, and in many other journals. An assistant professor of English at New Mexico State University, he also teaches in the low-res MFA program at the Institute of American Indian Arts in Santa Fe. He is a member of the Cherokee Nation Tribe in Oklahoma.